Mannheimer Swartling’s Intellectual Property, Marketing and Media group has the capacity to advise on the entire spectra of intellectual property, marketing and media law. Our expertise ranges from traditional copyright, patent, design and trademarks to intellectual property law applicable when developing nanotechnology, biotechnology, life sciences and software.
Mannheimer Swartling’s Intellectual Property, Marketing and Media practice helps clients to develop intellectual property and marketing strategies and to exploit, enforce and protect their intellectual property rights.
We have the capability to swiftly put together a team of specialists from our practice groups to offer our clients a tailored package of comprehensive advice for every individual assignment. Examples include working with the firm’s financing and tax law specialists in film financing projects and including competition and IT law specialists in licensing arrangements.
As many our clients are active internationally active, we maintain close, strong ties with leading law firms around the world within the areas of intellectual property, marketing and media law, with whom we co-operate in international projects and transactions.
Our services include:
- Intellectual property, marketing and media dispute resolution
- Intellectual property and media transactional work
- Intellectual property portfolio management, including licensing strategies, structure and management of portfolios within specific companies, protection and enforcement
- Protection of trade secrets
- Advertising and marketing issues, including special marketing legislation, such as the Lotteries Act, the Alcoholic Beverages Act, the Tobacco Act and the Use of Names and Images (Advertising) Act.
- Know-how and technology transfer
- Entitlement to employees’ inventions
- Internet-related intellectual property, marketing and media law issues
- Regulatory media issues, such as issues relating to licenses for TV and radio
- Advice in relation to freedom of speech and freedom of the press
- Film financing arrangements
- Artist agreements, music publishing agreements, movie production agreements, book publishing agreements, TV distribution agreements and other forms of agreements within the media industry