Mannheimer Swartling has a renowned EU and Competition practice, with a large team of specialised lawyers working full-time in the field. We handle the full spectrum of transactional and behavioural competition matters and are experienced in handling complex matters before both Swedish and EU authorities and courts, including the European Commission and the CJEU.
Our EU and Competition group has an exceptional reputation for contentious work – typically making up a large proportion of all antitrust enforcement cases in Sweden and earning regular high-profile mandates before the European Courts. We are also very active in the market generally, advising on all forms of classic EU and competition issues and have the skills and resources to manage full-scale European Commission merger filings and investigations. The group is consistently top-ranked by the independent ranking institutes.
Distinguishing international presence
The core of our practice group is based in Stockholm and Brussels, while further supported by all our other offices. Through this internal network and, where necessary, in consultation with the our extensive network of leading law firms in other countries, we handle competition matters on an international scale. Our reputation also means we are commonly called upon by leading law firms in other jurisdictions to act as Swedish counsel in international matters.
A selection of our services
- Competition law in transactions, including merger control
- Cartels and other competition restrictive practices
- Abuse of dominance
- Distribution, licensing and other commercial agreements
- Dawn raids and investigations by competition authorities
- Complaints made to competition authorities
- Litigation and arbitration, including disputes over damages claims under competition law
- Compliance, including internal investigations, compliance programmes, and training
- Free movement and all aspects of EU law
- Public procurement
- State aid
- Anti-dumping, customs and other trade legislation