Mannheimer Swartling is a market-leader within EU and competition law in the Nordic region. With the largest number of specialists working exclusively in this field in Sweden, Mannheimer Swartling's EU and competition practice has unrivalled strength and depth of experience.
Our practice and many of our practitioners are consistently top-ranked by the leading legal directories. With an exceptional reputation for transactional, advisory and contentious work, our legal advice takes full account of the business and regulatory context of our clients. Our long-established Brussels office consolidates and complements our market-leading position on the Nordic market.
Dealing regularly with the Swedish competition authority, national courts, European Commission, European courts and other relevant bodies, we act for defendants, complainants, private and public parties alike. We regularly coordinate international projects, working as a single team with our legal network in other jurisdictions where necessary.
Operating primarily from Stockholm and Brussels, with strong support from our other Swedish offices and those in Russia and China, we advise clients on the full range of issues in the EU and competition field, including:
- Merger control
- Cartels and other restrictive practices
- Market conduct and abuse of dominance
- Distribution, licensing and other commercial agreements
- Dawn raids and related investigations
- Litigation and arbitration, including private damages actions
- Compliance, auditing and training
- Free movement of goods and services and general EU law
- Public procurement
- State aid
- Anti-dumping and trade law