Mannheimer Swartling’s environmental law specialists offer comprehensive environmental legal advice to industrial and energy production clients, as well as local and national authorities.
Mannheimer Swartling’s Environment practice provide environmental risk assessments in commercial transactions and are often involved in major infrastructure projects, working alongside colleagues specialised in construction, procurement and financing law.
The EU regulatory framework has given environmental law an additional dimension. By continuously monitoring legal developments within the EU, we offer our clients an insightful view of current proposals and decisions and their potential consequences.
Our environmental law specialists represent clients in e.g. the following types of matters:
- Regulatory issues – permits and notifications under the Swedish Environmental Code, permits under nuclear safety and radiation protection laws, EU permits
- Operational issues – supervisory concerns, management of waste and by-products, chemical issues (REACH), Corporate Social Responsibility, workplace environment
- Issues related to transactions – environmental due diligence, contaminated land, future permit renewals, risk assessments and risk management
- Issues regarding disputes and infringement – e.g. contaminated land, environmental damages, compensation for infringement, redemption and expropriation.
- Issues regarding EU and international environmental law
- Energy issues
- Compliance – violations of environment and work environment regulations, environmental fines and other sanctions
- Risk-related issues – risk assessments, risk management, insurance, etc.