Mannheimer Swartling has one of the region’s leading construction practices and is a longstanding adviser to Swedish industry and the public sector, having advised on many of Sweden’s most significant infrastructure and construction projects.
We assist clients in all phases and legal aspects of a project – from preparation, contracts and procurement – to full implementation. We cover all industry projects, from large and complex infrastructure to commercial property development and investments in manufacturing facilities and other industrial assets.
Major Swedish and international projects
Over the past two decades we have played an important role in many of the largest infrastructure and construction projects in Sweden, including the Öresund Link, the Botnia Link, New Karolinska Hospital, the European Spallation Source (ESS) project, the Stockholm Bypass, Northvolt’s battery gigafactory and the expansion of the Stockholm underground system. We are also engaged in major projects abroad.
Unique experience of project financing
We are particularly experienced in project financing – both via public-private partnerships (PPPs) and private sector project financing. The group has advised the public bodies in the major PPP projects occurring to date in Sweden and has worked on a substantial number of project-financed private sector projects in Sweden and abroad.
Our lawyers are also particularly active in cleantech – i.e. production facilities in the energy and industry sectors where processes and products help to reduce the adverse impact on climate and the environment.
A selection of our services
- Strategic discussions and project structuring (e.g. contract structure, corporate structure, financing, tax issues and insurance solutions)
- Zoning plans, building permits and permits under the Environmental Code and special legislation
- Contract drafting and negotiations
- Day-to-day advice and training during project implementation
- Investigation and analysis of projects where problems have arisen (e.g. delays or cost overruns)