Mannheimer Swartling has in-depth knowledge of the automotive industry in a broad sense. The firm acts for various players in the industry in most types of legal work and legal areas, including M&A, collaborations and joint operations, outsourcing, licensing, distribution arrangements, data protection and competition law.
We continuously monitor the automotive industry and keep abreast of developments. Our automotive team works in close integration with other specialists at the firm. This ensures that each client swiftly gains access to the best possible advice in each engagement.
We have in-depth specialist knowledge of the automotive sector, the conditions under which it operates and its market dynamics. Some of the our lawyers have worked as in-house counsel at automotive companies, and we regularly supply lawyers to work on short- or medium-term secondment at companies in the industry. We approach each engagement on the basis of our unique knowledge of the sector. Thanks to our specialists at the firm’s Brussels office, we have in-depth knowledge of competition law in the automotive context.
A selection of our services
- M&A and business transfers
- Collaboration (e.g. in the form of joint ventures)
- Outsourcing of IT, facility management, business process operations and component manufacture
- Data protection issues
- IP, IT and tech issues in licensing, R&D and other collaborations
- Competition law issues concerning automotive distribution networks, aftermarket issues, warranties, financing products, online sales, and other business arrangements and transactions
- Management and restructuring of distribution and automotive maintenance networks
- Regulatory issues, including product recalls