The firm’s Financial Regulation group is a team of lawyers with a wealth of experience and expertise across all the sectors in which financial institutions operate. The group deals with regulatory issues affecting banks and other lenders, investment banks, insurance companies, asset managers, funds, payment service providers, clearing systems, exchanges and other trading platforms.
We advise our clients on all regulatory issues affecting them, including:
- Establishment and licensing of investment and banking businesses
- Mergers, acquisitions and reorganisations of investment and banking businesses
- Ongoing compliance with financial regulations and market conduct
- Regulatory investigations
- Structuring of new financial products
- Rules and practices of exchanges and clearing houses, trading and clearing issues
- Internet banking
- Card and payment services
- Offerings of securities, UCITs and non-UCITs funds
- Anti-money laundering and sanctions issues
- Regulatory capital requirements, debt and hybrid instruments
If you would like advice on financial regulation or further information please contact your adviser at the firm or one of the following persons listed below.