Fredrik Svensson is managing partner in Moscow and has devoted a substantial part of his career working on matters relating to the Nordic countries, Russia, Ukraine (and other CIS countries) and the Baltic countries. Prior to moving to Moscow, Fredrik worked in the firm’s Stockholm and Malmö office. His specialisation is general transactional work and banking & finance. Fredrik is often engaged early in the process and regularly takes part in the strategic discussions that lead up to an investment or financing. Fredrik has also substantial experience in the field of compliance work and has led investigations regarding potential corruption- or sanctions-related violations as well as defences against “corporate raids” etc.
He is today an advisor to a number of large Nordic and European companies and banks and is often engaged as speaker regarding investments, financings and corporate governance issues relating to in particular Russia and CIS.
- Partner, Mannheimer Swartling, 2013-
- Local Partner, Mannheimer Swartling, 2010-2012
- Secondment (6 months), European Investment Bank, Luxemburg, 2003-2004
- Associate, Mannheimer Swartling, 2001-2009. Stockholm, Malmö and Moscow.
- LL.M. (Lund University, 2001)
- Erasmus studies (University of Westminster, London)
- “Entering Russia – the JV to be or not to be”. The AEB Finance and Investments Committee’s guide on How to Invest in Russia, September 2014
- Selecting Sweden and Swedish law for an international joint venture owning assets in, inter alia, Russia”, “Mergers & Acquisitions”, no 3 (2013)
- ”Choosing an alternative legal system”, published in “Mergers & Acquisitions”, no 5 (2012)
- "Set-off Law and Practice - An International Handbook", Oxford University Press UK, april, 2006
- Fredrik Svensson of Mannheimer Swartling heads […]. He also provides local counsel to international law firms on Russia-related matters. Clients appreciate his local knowledge and "ability to see the broader picture.” (Chambers & Partners)
- "The multilingual Fredrik Svensson of Mannheimer Swartling impresses clients with his attentive service and astute legal insight [....]" (Chambers Global)
- "Client Choice Award 2012" (International Law Office)
- Recognised as “Foreign Expert” (Chambers Global)
- Swedish Bar Association, 2006
- Board member of the International Section of the Swedish Bar Association
- Member of the Association of European Business (AEB) Committee regarding Finance & Investment in Russia and Sweden’s representative in AEB’s council of national representatives
- Member of AEBs Sub-Committee on Compliance & Ethics