Our specialists give advice on all the various spectrums of intellectual property, marketing and media law. Such expertise ranges from traditional copyright, patent, design and trade marks to the developing law of nanotechnology, biotechnology, life sciences and software.
We assist our clients in developing intellectual property and marketing strategies and in exploiting, enforcing and protecting their intellectual property rights.
Our services include:
- Intellectual property, marketing and media dispute resolution
- Intellectual property and media transactional work
- Intellectual property portfolio management, including licensing strategies, structure and management of portfolios within specific companies, protection and enforcement
- Protection of trade secrets
- Advertising and marketing issues, including special marketing legislation, such as the Lotteries Act, the Alcoholic Beverages Act, the Tobacco Act and the Use of Names and Images (Advertising) Act.
- Know-how and technology transfer
- Entitlement to employees’ inventions
- Internet-related intellectual property, marketing and media law issues
- Regulatory media issues, such as issues relating to licenses for TV and radio
- Advice in relation to freedom of speech and freedom of the press
- Film financing arrangements
- Artist agreements, music publishing agreements, book publishing agreements, TV distribution agreements and other forms of agreements within the media industry
We have the capability to swiftly put together a team of experts from specialist groups across the firm to offer our clients a tailored package of comprehensive top quality legal advice. Assignments where such co-operation is of great value include, for example, engagement of financing and tax law specialists in film financing projects and engagement of competition and IT law specialists for licensing arrangements.
In addition, Mannheimer Swartling maintains strong and close ties with leading law firms around the world within the areas of intellectual property, marketing and media law, with whom we co-operate in international projects and transactions.
What others say
Our lawyers in the fields of intellectual property, marketing and media law frequently receive high rankings in the leading directories:
”Mannheimer Swartling’s IP and media group now consists of four partners, supported by 18 associates and is one of the strongest in the Swedish market. To many in the market it is a serious challenger to the leaders, with one commentator describing the firm as ’breathing down their neck’ and remains poised to offer the most serious competition of any large, full-service firm.” (Legal 500 – 2007)
Stefan Widmark: "Highly experienced in all aspects of IP-related law, including matters concerning media, marketing and life sciences.” (PLC Which Lawyer? – 2008)
”Market commentators speak highly of Per Josefson and consider him to be 'particularly skilled in contentious work.'” (Chambers Europe – 2007)
“The IP practice at Mannheimer Swartling spans its Stockholm, Gothenburg and Helsingborg offices. Its lawyers deal with trade mark portfolio management, licensing strategies, trade secrets, designs and image rights for a high-profile and satisfied client base: “Their level of service sets them apart. As a client, what is important is tangible practical advice, which of course comes from great experience, and that is what we receive.” Recent highlights include advising LEO Pharma on a pan-European patent litigation and acting on behalf of Stampen in connection with the sale of its commercial radio portfolio.” (Chambers Europe 2011)
“Stefan Widmark’s ‘highly competent and experienced’ team at Mannheimer Swartling represented Ladbrokes against Svenska Spel, and advised Telenor on its acquisition of a joint interest in the C More Entertainment Group. “ (Legal 500 2011)
“Gothenburg-based Niklas Sjöblom advised on Volvo’s sale to Zhejiang Geely. Per Josefson represented LEO Pharma against Sandoz in a pan-European patent litigation.” (Legal 500 2011)