Niklas Sjöblom is chairman of Mannheimer Swartling’s Intellectual Property, Marketing and Media (IMM) practice group and he heads the IT, Telecommunications and Technology (ITT) industry sector group in Western Sweden. Niklas Sjöblom specializes in intellectual property, marketing, media, IT, telecom and technology. His work includes strategic planning, preparation and negotiation of contracts, handling disputes and to give general advise in these areas, both for Swedish and international clients. Niklas also has extensive experience from outsourcing projects and procurements within the IT sector, technology intense projects as well as technology focused joint ventures. In addition, he has strategically advised clients on, prepared and negotiated a large number of licensing and royalty agreements as well as franchise agreements. Furthermore, he has great knowledge about public procurement, not least within the scope of IT-procurements or other large technology procurements.
- Partner, Mannheimer Swartling, 2008-
- Part time lawyer at the Volvo AB legal department, 2003-2004
- Exchange lawyer, Latham & Watkins, Paris, 2003
- Associate, Mannheimer Swartling, 2000-2007
- Court clerk, Uddevalla District Court, 1998-2000
- LL.M. (University of Gothenburg, 1997)
- Ranked among Sweden's "leading IP and IT lawyers" in Intellectual Asset Management (IAM) 250 - World's Leading Patent & Technology Licensing Lawyers 2010.
- Swedish Bar Association, 2003
- INTA (The International Trademark Association)
- AIPPI (International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property)
- SFIR (Swedish Association for Protection of Industrial Rights)
- Deputy chairman of the board for VIRK (The Western Swedish Intellectual Property Society)