MSA Innovation Lab is Mannheimer Swartling's business unit for innovation, collaboration and legal tech, established in February 2019. The purpose of the unit is to manage the firm's innovation work and to drive the development of legal advice of the future for the benefit of our clients.
Through MSA Innovation Lab, the firm:
- Supports and collaborates with recently started companies that develop applications for Mannheimer Swartling and the firm's clients through an incubator for start-ups within Legal Tech.
- Collaborates with leading researchers in digitalisation.
- Conducts its own development of digital applications that streamline the advice to the firm's clients.
- Develops and provides digital platforms to which the firm's clients have access.
MSA Innovation Lab is led by Elisabet Dahlman Löfgren who is Head of Innovation and Knowledge Management.
"The digitalisation of the Law Industry has just begun and the firm is working actively to stay in the absolute forefront. Collaboration with academia and getting access to the latest research in the field of digitalisation is a way to achieve that."
- Jan Dernestam, Managing partner at Mannheimer Swartling
The researchers collaborating with Mannheimer Swartling within MSA Innovation Lab are:
- Frida Pemer, Docent and Assistant Professor at the Department of Management and Organisation and House of Innovation at Stockholm School of Economics. Her research focusses on digital transformation in the professional services sector.
- Charlotta Kronblad, Doctoral Student at Chalmers, Technology Management and Economics, Entrepreneurship and Strategy. She studies the effects of digitalisation on the legal industry.
- Anna Jonsson, Associate Professor at the Department of Business Administration at the University of Lund. Her research mainly focuses on two research areas: internationalisation processes and knowledge sharing in organisations and society.
"Our industry is rapidly changing, and in order to cost-effectively assist our clients with the opportunities and challenges they face, we are now taking another step to meet their new and over time changing needs."
- Jan Dernestam
The start-ups in MSA Innovation Lab are currently:
- PocketLaw – a smarter, easier and cost efficient digital way of providing legal services to small companies.
- Wemble – an app to increase efficiency and well-being within the workplace by helping put together teams and analyse the work-load among employees in real time.
We work with some of the most prominent companies and organisations in Sweden and worldwide. In order to help our clients maintain their strong positions, we must be innovative and constantly provide them with value-creating advice that serves their respective businesses. The MSA Innovation Lab will play a very important role for that purpose.