- Partner, Mannheimer Swartling, 2009-
- Associate, Herbert Smith, Paris, 2005-2006
- Associate, Mannheimer Swartling, 2001-2008
- Doctoral Candidate in Commercial Law, Stockholms universitet, 1999-
- Research Assistant, Property Rights in Sweden - A Law and Economics Perspective, 1999-2001
- District Court Service, 1998-1999
- Professor's assistant Labour Law, Environmental Law, University of Stockholm, 1995-1997
- Lecturer in Procedural and Arbitration Law, Mannheimer Swartling, 2005-
- Lecturer in Commercial Law, Stockholm School of Economics, 1997
- Lecturer in Contract Law, University of Stockholm, 1996-
- LL.M. (Stockholm University, 1998)
- Chambers Global 2016, ranked in Dispute Resolution Sweden. Mattias Göransson's focus is on commercial litigation and arbitration, acting on both national and international cases across a broad range of sectors and industries. He is noted for his expertise on contract and procedural law in Sweden.
- Chambers Global 2015, ranked in Dispute Resolution Sweden. Commercial litigator Mattias Göransson "owns the courtroom and does not stick to a specific script, but listens to the other side and has a stunning memory for a case", one source reports.
- Legal 500 2012, ranked in Dispute Resolution. Mattias Göransson is praised for his "good industry knowledge".
- Swedish Bar Association, 2005
- Member of Consultative task force on the revision of the ICC ADR Rules,
the Rules for Expertise and the Dispute Board Rules
- Member of the ICC Commission on Arbitration
- Member of ICC Sweden´s Committee on Arbitration