André Andersson chairs the firm's Banking and Finance practice group and is the firm's Global Relationship Partner. He specialises in banking and finance law and works in particular with the structuring and restructuring of different types of financial transactions. His work also includes leasing and other asset-based financing. In recent years, André has actively participated in the development of the Nordic debt capital market. With almost 30 years' experience in financing matters, André Andersson has extensive knowledge and the ability to develop innovative solutions to complicated problems.
- Partner, Mannheimer Swartling, 1994-
- Visiting lawyer, Slaughter and May, London, 1991-1992
- Associate, Mannheimer Swartling, 1990-1993
- Associate, Carl Swartling Advokatbyrå, 1987-1990
- Italian studies (Università per Stranieri di Siena, 1998)
- Diploma in Legal Studies (University of Oxford, 1987)
- Degree in business and administration (Lund University, 1986)
- LL.M. (Lund University, 1986)
- Was in 2017 awarded an honorary doctorate in law from Stockholm University. The award was motivated by André Andersson's many years of service to the development and work of the legal faculty through his support of research and teaching.
- Received the Chambers European Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Legal Profession in 2011. André Andersson is one of the most renowned practitioners in the Swedish legal market. With enthusiasm and creativity he has developed the practice of banking law in Sweden and has been the mentor for a whole generation of finance lawyers.
- Ranked as "Star Individual" in Banking & Finance in Chambers Global 2018. Clients praise André Andersson as "the best lawyer you can find for complex, never-before-seen transactions." "In negotiations with counterparties he strives to find a balance," says another impressed interviewee.
- Ranked in "Band 2" in Capital Markets in Chambers Global 2018.
- Ranked as "Star Individual" in Restructuring/Insolvency in Chambers Europe 2017. André Andersson maintains an outstanding reputation for his depth of expertise in restructuring. He acted as lead partner on the firm's work for Intertrust, advising on the debt restructurings of Trigon Agri. One source remarks: "He is one of the most experienced banking lawyers. He thinks outside the box and comes up with creative solutions."
- Ranked as "Leading Lawyer" in Asset finance, Banking and finance and Restructuring and insolvency in IFLR1000 2018.
- Ranked as "Leading individual" in Banking and finance in Legal 500 2017.
- Mentioned in Legal 500 Hall of Fame 2018
- Swedish Bar Association, 1993
- International Bar Association (Banking Law Committee, Securities Law Committee, and Aviation Law Committee), Council Member in the Legal Practice Division, former Co-chair of the Banking Law Committee
- Education committee at the Law Faculty, Stockholm University
- Member of the Board, the Council and the Special Committee at the Stockholm Centre for Commercial Law, Stockholm University
- Swedish representative in the Brexit Task Force, the Council of Bars and Law Societies of Europe (CCBE)
- Vice Inspector (Proinspektor) for the Students' Law Society at Stockholm University
- Chairman of the Siamon foundation
- Board member, Stockholm City Mission (Stockholms Stadsmission)