André Andersson was a partner in the firm for 27 years (1994-2020). During this period he played a fundamental role in establishing the leading position of the firm's banking practice. For twenty years he chaired the firm's Banking and Finance practice group. In addition to this, André Andersson has been active in developing the firm's international relations and was for more than ten years Global Relationship Partner. He continues with the firm as Senior Adviser, with a special focus on structuring and development projects in the financial sector. With more than thirty years' experience, André Andersson has extensive knowledge and the ability to develop innovative solutions to complicated problems. As Senior Adviser he will also continue to work with the firm's international and academic relations.
- Senior Adviser, Mannheimer Swartling, 2021-
- Partner, Mannheimer Swartling, 1994-2020
- Visiting lawyer, Slaughter and May, London, 1991-1992
- Associate, Mannheimer Swartling, 1990-1993
- Associate, Carl Swartling Advokatbyrå, 1987-1990
- Italian studies (Università per Stranieri di Siena, 1998)
- Diploma in Legal Studies (University of Oxford, 1987)
- Degree in business and administration (Lund University, 1986)
- LL.M. (Lund University, 1986)
- Was in 2017 awarded an honorary doctorate in law from Stockholm University. The award was motivated by André Andersson's many years of service to the development and work of the legal faculty through his support of research and teaching.
- Received the Chambers European Award for Outstanding Contribution to the Legal Profession in 2011. André Andersson is one of the most renowned practitioners in the Swedish legal market. With enthusiasm and creativity he has developed the practice of banking law in Sweden and has been the mentor for a whole generation of finance lawyers.
- Ranked as "Senior Statespeople" in Banking & Finance and Capital Markets: Debt in Chambers Global/Europe 2020. André Andersson is lauded as "the leading banking and finance star in the Nordics" by one client. Another interviewee describes him as "efficient" and appreciates that he "gets the big picture."
- Ranked as "Senior Statespeople" in Restructuring/Insolvency in Chambers Europe 2020. André Andersson is a seasoned veteran of Swedish banking and finance law. When advising on restructuring matters, his clients benefit from his extensive experience in the field of finance and his ability to handle various types of financial transactions.
- Ranked as "Expert Consultant" in Asset finance, Banking and finance, and Restructuring and insolvency in IFLR1000 2020.
- Recommended as "Global Leader" and "National Leader" in Banking and Capital Markets in Who's Who Legal 2021.
- Swedish Bar Association, 1993
- International Bar Association (Banking Law Committee, Securities Law Committee, and Aviation Law Committee), former Council Member in the Legal Practice Division, former Co-chair of the Banking Law Committee
- Chair of the Board at the Stockholm Centre for Commercial Law, Stockholm University
- Member of the Board at the Stockholm Centre for International Law and Justice, Stockholm University
- Member of the Legal Practice Council (Arbetsmarknadsrådet) at the Law Faculty, Stockholm University
- Swedish representative in the Brexit Task Force, the Council of Bars and Law Societies of Europe (CCBE)
- Vice Inspector (Proinspektor) for the Students' Law Society at Stockholm University
- Chair of the Siamon foundation
- Board member, the Tore Almén foundation
- Deputy board member, the Stina and Erik Lundberg foundation
- Vice-chair of the Board, Stockholm City Mission (Stockholms Stadsmission)