- Hong Kong +852 2923 0808
- Stockholm +46 709 777 199
- Download V-Card
- Download profile (PDF)
Jakob Ragnwaldh is a partner in Mannheimer Swartling’s Dispute Resolution practice group focusing on international arbitration. He is Vice-Chair of the board of the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce and serves as the Chair of the Executive Board of the European Federation for Investment Law and Arbitration (EFILA). Jakob Ragnwaldh is also the Chairman of the SCC Rules Revision Committee.
Jakob Ragnwaldh has represented clients in well over 100 arbitrations before arbitral tribunals both in Sweden and abroad, including arbitrations under the auspices of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce (SCC), the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the International Centre for the Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID), the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre (HKIAC) and the Vienna International Arbitration Centre (VIAC). He also regularly represents clients in ad hoc proceedings under the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules. Jakob Ragnwaldh has acted in cases involving the application of Swedish, Chinese, English, French, German, Swiss, Latvian, Russian, US, Ukrainian, Saudi, Estonian, Italian and Albanian law. He also represents clients in investment treaty arbitrations under applicable treaties and public international law and regularly advises clients on matters of investment protection and international law.
Jakob Ragnwaldh sits as an arbitrator in institutional and ad hoc arbitrations, such as under the SCC, the ICC and the Swiss Rules. He is on the HKIAC Panel of Arbitrators and is a listed CIETAC, SHIAC and KLRCA arbitrator.
Jakob Ragnwaldh frequently speaks at seminars and conferences in Europe and other parts of the world in the field of international arbitration. He is co-editor of the newly published treatise International Arbitration in Sweden – a Practitioner’s Guide (Kluwer 2013). Jakob Ragnwaldh teaches investment treaty arbitration at Stockholm University and is a member of the editorial board of CDR (Commercial Dispute Resolution) magazine.
- Partner, Mannheimer Swartling, 2006-
- Associate, Mannheimer Swartling, 1999-2005
- Visiting lawyer, Essex Court Chambers, London, 2002
- LL.M (Lund University, 1997)
- Maîtrise en Droit (Panthéon-Assas, Paris II, France, 1996)
Jakob Ragnwaldh is recommended in Who’s Who Legal: Energy, Who’s Who Legal: Commercial Arbitration, Who’s Who Legal: Commercial Litigation, Chambers Global, Chambers Europe and Legal 500.Clients give praise for his “innate understanding of what kind of arguments to bring and how to argue depending on the audience" (Chambers Europe 2015).
- Swedish Bar Association, 2002
- International Bar Association
- Board member of the Arbitration Institute of the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce.
- Member of the Executive Board of the European Federation for Investment and Arbitration (EFIA)
- London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- Swiss Arbitration Association (ASA)
- Swedish Arbitration Association (SAA)