Jan Kansmark has 30 years’ experience of advising Swedish and foreign companies, and public authorities in Swedish and international projects and transactions. These include large contracting projects (for example, numerous BOT and PPP projects, as well as extensive infrastructure projects, such as the New Karolinska Hospital in Stockholm, the Öresund Link, the City Tunnel in Malmö, the City Express, the Arlanda Express, the Botnia Express and the introduction of natural gas to Sweden), projects and transactions in the energy industry, industry projects, as well as consortiums and other collaborations. In the course of this work, Jan Kansmark has worked with procurement and contract negotiations, along with financing (including project financing and other alternative forms of financing), and insurance issues. He has also assisted in disputes related to contractors and construction supplies. Jan Kansmark is a CEDR Accredited Mediator (CEDR - Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution, London, England).
- Senior Adviser, Mannheimer Swartling, 2018-
- CEDR Accredited Mediator, CEDR - Centre for Effective Dispute Resolution, London, England
- Partner, Mannheimer Swartling, 1991-2017
- Associate, Mannheimer Swartling, 1990-1991
- Thelen, Marrin, Johnson & Bridges, San Francisco, 1989
- Associate, Mannheimer & Zetterlöf, 1985-1990
- In-house lawyer, Sydkraft AB, 1983-1985
- District Court Service, 1981-1983
- LL.M (Lund University, 1981)
- Jan Kansmark has been mentioned as a leading lawyer in construction and project financing in PLC Which Lawyer (2010), Expert Guide to the World’s Leading Lawyers (2010), International Financial Law Review – IFLR 1000 (2010), European Legal 500 (2010), and European Legal Experts (2009), as well as Legala Affärer (2004). He has also been ranked as a leader in the energy industry in Expert Guide to the World’s Leading Lawyers (2010).
- Mentioned in Legal 500 Hall of Fame 2018
- Swedish Bar Association, 1987
- Swedish Society for Construction and Consulting Law
- Licensing Executives Society International Bar Association
- International Bar Association