Zephyr divests two offshore wind power projects to Vattenfall
Zephyr AS divests the majority share in two offshore wind power projects outside the coast of Gothenburg to Vattenfall Vindkraft. Fully developed, the projects are expected to produce 10.5 TWh of fossil-free electricity annually.
The two wind power projects – Vidar and Poseidon – are located between 25 and 27 kilometres off the west coast, north of Gothenburg. Vattenfall’s ownership share after the acquisition amounts to 85 percent. The remaining 15 percent will continue to be owned by Zephyr. The Vidar and Poseidon projects – which will mainly consist of floating wind turbines – are expected to have a total effect of 2.8 GW and an annual production of 10.5 TWh.
Mannheimer Swartling represented Zephyr in the transaction.