Helén Waxberg is chair of the Health Care and Life Sciences industry sector group. She works primarily with regulatory issues, marketing and distribution in the pharmaceuticals, biotechnology and medical technology sectors, and other strictly regulated industries such as foodstuffs and alcohol. Helén Waxberg’s practice encompasses legal issues relating to clinical trials, data protection, and co-operation between industry and healthcare personnel. She also works with information and marketing, sponsoring, compliance programmes, reimbursement and pricing, substitution and product recalls. Helén Waxberg regularly assists the industry in matters handled by the Pharmaceutical Industry’s Information Examiner and the Information Practices Committee as well as cases in the administrative and market courts. Helén Waxberg deals with the full range of matters associated with corporate entertainment, corruption and related issues in various industries. She is often engaged as a speaker at seminars and conferences, and has written numerous articles in the aforementioned areas.
- Senior Adviser, Mannheimer Swartling, 2019-
- Partner, Mannheimer Swartling, 1995-2018
- Associate, Mannheimer Swartling, 1990-1995
- Associate, Carl Swartling Advokatbyrå, 1987-1990
- Service and Junior Judgeships in Swedish Courts, 1983-1987
- LL.M (Lund University, 1982)
- Major developments in the reimbursement of pharmaceuticals, ur Practical Law Life Sciences monthly jurisdictional email for October 2015: Sweden: Helén Waxberg and Jenny Bergström, Mannheimer Swartling Advokatbyrå
- The International Comparative Legal Guide to Pharmaceutical Advertising 2015 (12th Edition): Sweden: Helén Waxberg and Jenny Bergström, Mannheimer Swartling
- For a number of years, Helén Waxberg has been ranked as one of the leading Swedish lawyers in life sciences.
- Swedish Bar Association, 1990
- International Bar Association, 1986
- Chair, Sweden ICC Marketing and Advertising Committee