Fredrik Andersson co-chairs the firm’s Dispute Resolution practice group. He specializes in commercial litigation and arbitration and has acted as counsel in a large number of Swedish and international proceedings. Fredrik Andersson has acted in disputes governed by Swedish as well as foreign or international law. He has conducted arbitrations under a number of different rules, including arbitrations under the Stockholm Chamber of Commerce rules, the ICC, UNCITRAL and the ICSID rules. Fredrik Andersson’s experience covers disputes relating to a number of different industries including, engineering, energy, ship building, construction, license disputes and disputes arising from mergers and acquisitions. Fredrik Andersson regularly lectures on procedural techniques at courses run by the Swedish Bar Association and at the University of Gothenburg. He also sits as arbitrator.
Fredrik Andersson is co-chair of the firm’s Shipping group and has extensive experience in advising foreign and Swedish clients active in the shipping industry.
- Partner, Mannheimer Swartling, 2008-
- Associate, Mannheimer Swartling, 2000
- Law clerk, Gothenburg’s District Court, 1998-2000
- LLM (university of Gothenburg) 1997
- Introduction to English Law, Kingston College, England, 1997
- Fredrik Andersson is deemed “one of the most promising names we have seen in years” by some commentators, who enthuse that “he’s been right on target from the beginning.” (Chambers Global, 2009)
- Mannheimer Swartling’s maritime and transport department is led by Stefan Brocker and ‘efficient, to the point’ Fredrik Andersson in Gothenburg who ‘work together as a team and are keen to find solutions rather than problems (Legal 500, 2010)
- Swedish Bar Association, 2003
- Chairman of the board of the Western Department of the Swedish Bar Association
- Swedish Arbitration Association (SAA)
- Young Arbitrators Stockholm
- International Bar Association
- Swedish Ship Owners’ Association, legal department