December 21, 2010 - Assignment

G&L Beijer acquires SCM Frigo in Italy

G&L Beijer has agreed to acquire SCM Frigo, a refrigeration group of companies based in Italy. The SCM Frigo Group is one of Europe’s largest assemblers of conventional refrigeration units and a leading supplier of environmentally-friendly refrigeration technology solutions. Under the terms of the agreements, G&L Beijer will initially acquire 51 % of the shares in SCM Frigo, with an option to acquire the remaining 49 % at a later date.

G&L Beijer includes Beijer Ref, the largest refrigeration wholesale group in Europe. The group has approximately 1,700 employees, operates in more than 20 markets and has an annual turnover of approximately EUR 540 million. G&L Beijer is listed on NASDAQ OMX Stockholm.

G&L Beijer was advised by Mannheimer Swartling on the transaction. The firm’s team was led by Claes Albinsson and Lucas Jonsson.