Mannheimer Swartling's Banking and Finance group advises financial institutions as well as large and medium-sized enterprises on every aspect of the financial markets. The breadth and depth of our practice allow us to provide clients with the latest market trends and financing techniques.
Taking a joint approach to financings, all debt capital markets and bank financings are handled by the same practice group. This integrated approach results in the adoption of best practices across financing types and effective comparison of financing alternatives. Our finance lawyers also complement their own expertise by drawing on the firm's strong industry and regulatory knowledge in areas such as tax, energy, telecoms and real estate.
We understand the importance of international coverage for the financial markets, and regularly draw on the expertise from our international network of preferred firms, enabling us to provide effective cross-border assistance.
The group's lawyers are actively involved with Swedish and international organisations, such as International Capital Market Association, Nordic Capital Markets Forum, International Swaps and Derivatives Association, the P.R.I.M.E. Finance Foundation and the Swedish Bankers' Association.
We advise on all types of transactions and operational issues within the financial markets, including:
- Acquisition finance, real estate finance and other loan finance
- Export finance
- Structured finance
- Project finance
- Leasing, aircraft and ship finance and other types of asset finance
- Debt capital markets transactions, including EMTN and HY bond issuance
- Securitisations, covered bonds and other types of asset-backed finance
- Hybrid instruments, such as debentures, participating loans and other types of subordinated financial contributions including bank regulatory capital
- Banking regulations
- Operational and supervisory issues for banks and other credit institutions
- Restructuring and workouts
Maria Tufvesson Shuck