Mannheimer Swartling advises on the largest and most complex restructuring and insolvency related matters and provides pioneering solutions as well as tangible commercial results. Our comprehensive experience from a wide range of industry and trade sectors enables us to provide tailor-made advice suited to each client’s line of business.
We advise lenders and equity investors at all levels of the capital structure as well as companies in financial difficulties, board members and shareholders of such companies, trustees in bankruptcy, liquidators and government institutions.
In order to provide a seamless and integrated service combining the competence, experience and industry knowledge required for each specific assignment, our Restructuring and Insolvency group is made up of a cross-practice team of lawyers representing our four offices in Sweden as well as our offices in other countries around the world, including Russia and China.
Accordingly, we work closely with the firm’s specialists in related practice areas including Banking and Finance, Corporate Commercial, Dispute Resolution, Employment and Pensions, Environment, Mergers and Acquisitions, Real Estate, and Tax, as well as related industry sector groups, such as Automotive, Financial Institutions and Private Equity. We also work closely with a number of law firms across the world to provide our clients with seamless cross-border service.
Our expertise covers a wide variety of restructuring and insolvency related matters, including:
- Preventive planning, debt restructuring and structuring of large scale out-of-court reorganisations
- Distressed financing and rescheduling
- Distressed acquisition and sales
- Equity contributions and refinancing
- Credit bidding
- Right of priority and security
- Debt standstills
- Insolvency and reorganization filing requirements
- Creditors’ and owners’ standing in formal insolvency proceedings
- Personal liability for shareholders and directors
- Litigation and procedural issues such as claw-back of transactions
- Cross-border reorganization and insolvencies and international private law considerations regarding applicable law and jurisdiction